Conveners: Oxford Bangladesh Society, Oxford India Society and Oxford Pakistan Society
Speakers: Professor Harun-or-Rashid; Professor Faisal Devji; Dr Yaqoob Khan Bangash; Professor Nurul Islam; Dr. Akhtar Mahmood
74 years after Partition that both provided independence and divided a continent, the relationship between the governments, people and territories of Bangladesh, India and Pakistan have evolved over time. Oxford Bangladesh Society, Oxford India Society and Oxford Pakistan Society are organising a panel event to discuss this with some exciting speakers.
- Professor Harun-or-Rashid, Vice-Chancellor at the National University of Bangladesh. He is an expert in Political Science having written extensively on Bangladeshi/Bengali politics from pre-partition.
- Professor Faisal Devji, Professor of Indian History at the University of Oxford. He specialises in the intellectual history of India and Pakistan as well as ethics and violence in the modern world.
- Dr Yaqoob Khan Bangash, Assistant Professor of History at Information Technology Unversity, Lahore. He is an expert in the emergence of Pakistan as a state as well as decolonisation and modern identities.
- Professor Nurul Islam, Former Professor of Economics at the University of Dhaka and Former Dy. Chairman of the Bangladesh Planning Commission. He was also an instrumental figure in the independence of Bangladesh.
- As Moderator, Dr. Akhtar Mahmood, Ex-Lead Private Sector Specialist, World Bank.
Join using the following Zoom link : https://zoom.us/j/3897292198
Click here for the Facebook event to hit going and stay updated as well!