Newton International Fellowship
Newton International Fellowship 2021
The British Academy and the Royal Society run the Newton International Fellowship scheme 2021. The scheme aims to attract the most promising early career postdoctoral researchers from overseas in the fields of natural sciences, social sciences and the humanities. It will select tearly-stage post-doctoral researchers that not hold UK citizenship and should be working outside of the UK at the point of application, and offer support for two years at UK research institutions.
The aims of this scheme are as follows:
- To support the development and training of postdoctoral researchers at an early stage of their career from any country outside the UK, by providing an opportunity to work at a UK research institution for two years.
- To ensure the best postdoctoral researchers across all relevant disciplines from around the world are supported in the UK.
- To foster long-term relations between Newton International Fellows and the UK research base through the establishment of an alumni programme for former Fellows of this Scheme.
Research must be within the British Academy’s remit of the humanities and social sciences. All details about the eligible subjects and value of funding and support provided are on https://www.thebritishacademy.ac.uk/funding/newton-international-fellowships
The scheme provides grants of £24,000 per annum to cover subsistence (tax exempt) and up to £8,000 per annum to cover research expenses, a one-off payment of up to £3,500 for relocation expenses in year one only.
The Oxford School of Global and Area Studies will support applications to the Newton International Fellowships 2021 and it holds an annual internal competition to decide which application(s) will be put forward under the scheme. Those who are interested to apply for this scheme should note that following the OSGA internal application procedure:
- By 27 May 2021, please send the first draft of the application to email@example.com and in CC firstname.lastname@example.org (please, DO NOT submit it via the Flexi Grant portal). The applicant can send a pdf file of the draft application downloaded from the portal or create the draft by using the instruction contained in the funder guidelines. OSGA’s internal panel will provide information about the selected proposals within 5 working days.
- By 7 June 2021, the selected proposals will need to send the final draft of the application to email@example.com and in CC firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, DO NOT submit it via the FlexiGrant portal, but send a pdf file of your application downloaded from the portal;
- The proposals selected for the OSGA’s support must be completed and submitted via the Flexi Grant portal by noon, 10 June 2021.
Before applying, interested candidates should look through the information available on https://www.thebritishacademy.ac.uk/funding/newton-international-fellowships
Requests for further information are welcome. Please contact Francesca Tucci, Research Development Officer (email@example.com).